New D200

Curt

Bill, I love it! It has such a nice feel, very well made. I have been using it so much my D80 is getting jealous…lol.
It a fantastic camera, the more I use it, the more I like it. At first I missed the Re touch menu on my D80, but I am really getting use to the D200.
I love all the on camera quick switch setting, instead of having to go into the menu. Love the D200 :).

Curt

Bill it was a obvious choice, I was looking at the D300 but I did not like the fact it had video capability with live view. To me a professional camera should not have those features (should be left to camcorders and low end pocket cameras..lol).
So the D200 was the best choice, I love the camera, and I am getting very use to its features. With the MB-D200 battery grip it feels great, very happy with my choice

Ruidoso Bill

Hauled mine all over a park in Austin, TX this morning. They work great in high heat and high humidity. Combined a little shooting with my grandson and geocaching.

fotojack

Bill it was a obvious choice, I was looking at the D300 but I did not like the fact it had video capability with live view. To me a professional camera should not have those features (should be left to camcorders and low end pocket cameras..lol).
So the D200 was the best choice, I love the camera, and I am getting very use to its features. With the MB-D200 battery grip it feels great, very happy with my choice

Curt, I couldn't agree more about the video stuff! Doesn't belong on a high end camera like the D200, and I'm glad it's not on mine! I love my D200 just the way it is!

Curt

I discover something new about my D200 almost everyday, and with all the advice given on this forum it all helps. I am getting more and more comfortable with it. I absolutely love my D200 as well. Used it on the weekend at the beach (you will see some pics. Posted on my gallery soon…lol).

fotojack

I will be posting some beach pics, too, once I get back from my vacation to Kelowna, B.C. See everyone in about 2 weeks. :)

Curt

Well this fall I hope to post a lot more portrait work. I want to start putting some of my light equipment to work. Speed lights, umbrella diffusers, etc. Summer I like to get outdoors and shot a lot of nature, macro, plants, bugs, animals, etc. I can’t wait to put that D200 to workJ.

baldy

I have 2.01 firmware....it's no problem with me, I just live with it.....closed image review etc etc....like to upgrade but hate video on D300s....people complain about weight...buy a binocular strap...Brunton from Amazon....works wonders...who cares what I look like....just keep on taking pictures......baldy

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruidoso Bill

I have 2.01 firmware....its is no problem with me, I just live with it.....closed image review etc etc....like to upgrade but hate video on D300s....people complain about weight...buy a binoculars strap...Brunton from Amazon....work wonders...who cares what I look like....just keep on taking pictures......baldy

That'a why I ended up with a D300, funny thing is I actually have a small need for video coming up but I'll buy a kodak or flip for it. I've never had a problem with weight, actually think it makes one a little more stable.

Last edited: