My Favorite Local Park For Shooting

Robert Mitchell

This is at Heckscher Park in Huntington, Long Island. It offers so many great spots to shoot and the park takes on some really beautiful color and landscape as seasons change. One thing I love about the northeastern US is that we get to experience all four seasons. I shoot there a lot but it never gets old.

D700 & 24-70mm f/2.8.ISO 100, 24mm, f/2.8, 1/4000s

p1203052008-4.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Mitchell

And even more. Can you tell I love it here?

p1203052576-5.jpg

p1203052608-5.jpg

p1203052742-5.jpg

This next image is one of my favorites. I shot with with a Zeiss 100mm f/2. Such a gorgeous lens that does everything superbly. Sharpest images I've ever seen. EVER!

p1203052898-5.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
I too am very fond of the way Zeiss lenses do. To me they cast a certain type of glow much like the "leica glow" of legendary repute. The Germans have a special way with optics particularly for 35mm...

Awesome pics Robert! I too have a favorite park here in my city. It's called Riverside Memorial Park and what's really cool is it's right on the banks of the mighty St Johns River. About 2 miles from my home on the same river, same side of the river even.

Robert Mitchell

I too am very fond of the way Zeiss lenses do. To me they cast a certain type of glow much like the "leica glow" of legendary repute. The Germans have a special way with optics particularly for 35mm...

Hi Jeff,

You're not alone in your thinking. There is an undeniable look and feel to images rendered with Zeiss glass and it's very similar that that special sauce in Leica glass. The other thing that's become so apparent to me is that even on my worst day of manual focusing, the images are still sharper than any image I've ever produced with a high end auto focus lens. That's not to say that I don't get sharp images with AF glass. I surely do, but there's a difference between very sharp and insanely razor sharp. :)

Robert Mitchell

Awesome pics Robert! I too have a favorite park here in my city. It's called Riverside Memorial Park and what's really cool is it's right on the banks of the mighty St Johns River. About 2 miles from my home on the same river, same side of the river even.

Thank you. It's so great to have a local place that's beautiful and gives you interesting scenery and content to shoot. I go to the park to relax and also to test new gear.