Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Chouchoune copy.jpg

Weekly Challenge October 14-21: Pet Portrait

This week's Challenge will consist of taking a "Pet Portrait". It doesn't have to be "your" pet, but it has to be taken in a portrait style, trying to display the animal's character. Color or B&W is fine. Have fun!

These challenges are designed to help you grow in your photography skills and creativity, and also to have fun. Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information.

The Rules
  1. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system.
  2. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  3. Challenges will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge, unless otherwise indicated.
  5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Rick M

I'm going to "like" your Eleanor Rick, despite the fact that she shares the same name and resembles my ex-mother-in-law. Does your Eleanor know everything too?

Tami Jo

What type of lizard is Eleanor? Iguana perhaps...love the vibrant coloration captured? How old is she?

AxeMan - Rick S.

I'm a big Mustang fan and a "Gone in Sixty Seconds" fan. After we got the Lizard we needed a Female name for the Lizard, we you can guess the rest.

As for knowing everything Rick, that would be my ex-wife. Sounds like we have something in common with our ex-families, you sure were not related? I mean we share the same name.

Eleanor is a Chinese Water Dragon about 10 months old. Right now she's about 15 inches and expected to grow to 24 inches.

I wanted to capture something different for the challenge and post it before the thread became flooded with cats and dogs.

We are pet lovers. We are lizard sitting my stepson 6 month old Savannah Monitor until he gets settled in his new place. That lizard is all brown and full grown will be about 4 feet long.

We also have two Dogs, three Cats, and a Beta Fish. So finding a "Model" was not a hard task.

bgatty68

Skip my last photo as i didnt read the rules:hopelessness: and put an early picture on so can i enter this one instead please
dsc_0108_small.jpg

tinamoro

This here is my princess, Zaida. She's an 11 year old German Shepherd/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. Taken with a D700, and my new toy, Nikon 70-300 VR. I've fallen in love with this lens!

KAM_8502.jpg by xotina11, on Flickr

Last edited:

Billy Y.

This here is my princess, Zaida. She's an 11 year old German Shepherd/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. Taken with a D700, and my new toy, Nikon 70-300 VR. I've fallen in love with this lens!

KAM_8502.jpg by xotina11, on Flickr

She reminds me of my German shepherd / ? mix - his name was Kodiak, he was a great dog...I had him 16 years and sometimes when I run across his picture it still makes me tear up.

tinamoro

She reminds me of my German shepherd / ? mix - his name was Kodiak, he was a great dog...I had him 16 years and sometimes when I run across his picture it still makes me tear up.

Awwww...I'm sorry :( I'm sure he's in a better place now. She has her good days and her bad days. Her hips are really starting to bother her :(

Dave_W

The Dude
This is Penelope (aka - Penny), our 5 yr old Boxer. She lives a life that would make the royal family jealous. I'm thinking she must have done something fabulous in a previous life to come back as such a pampered being. :)

_2DW8138-Edit-Edit-sm.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

This is our old dog "Beau" short for Beauregard, he is a Red Fox Fawn Labradour Retriever that my son found one day while out hunting at our hunt club just northwest of Baldwin, FL.. After driving all around the area looking for the owners with no luck my son Matt brought Beau home where he has been well cared for and happy for the last 6 years. I took this pictur less than an hour after recieving my new Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S lens that came via UPS about 1 month ago. Beau was my very first subject taken with this new lens.

I really like the picture of Beau.. Was it actually taken this week?? You mentioned it was taken with your new lens received 6 months back?? Thanks for taking in a dog and making him a family member.. I have 3 that way!

Pat in NH

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Ok folks, here is my Entry! This is my American Eskimo "Herbie" He was taken in years ago as a rescue. He has been and is a great dog at home. Now the other two, not so much :rolleyes:

DSC_0431 contest.jpg

Taken with my D5100 and 55-200 lens. It was set at 55mm, 1/60's at F 4.5

Enjoy and thanks to all for participating and making this such a learning experience for rookies like me!

Pat in NH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.