Just one more question about the MB-D14 Grip...

Nikonitus

Ok, now I see the MB-D14 at least on the local Nikon website. I phoned and pre-ordered one, then while I was looking at it on the Nikon website, I noticed that you also get the battery trays like the MS-D14/MS-D14EN. Can someone please tell me that the tray(s) for them actually come with the grip or are they sold separately..???

PapaST

I pre-ordered the grip from Adorama. I made sure the "box contains" section noted both battery trays. When I was shopping for my Nikon grip for my D7000 I noticed that some sellers included both trays and some did not. So I think it boils down to the particular retailer you purchase from.

Phillydog1958

Ok, now I see the MB-D14 at least on the local Nikon website. I phoned and pre-ordered one, then while I was looking at it on the Nikon website, I noticed that you also get the battery trays like the MS-D14/MS-D14EN. Can someone please tell me that the tray(s) for them actually come with the grip or are they sold separately..???
The MB-D14 comes with a battery tray for the Nikon battery and any AA battery used.

Nikonitus

Hahaha.

Yeah, me too... I thought I was in for a replacement holder or complete grip on the D300 a year or so back... I was putting in a battery after charging it and the battery didn't quite go in freely, so I gave a bit of force and something went snap, or at least made that sort of sound and I immediately saw dollars leaking out of my wallet into Nikons hands,, but I couldn't see any damage anywhere and everything worked ok. Has functioned ever so well since then, so it must have just been just one of those little slots snapping into position. At the time though, it was the biggest "Gulp" I had ever made, with regards to cameras...