Filters

Tami Jo

Does anyone use any of the square Cokin filters? How do you like them and which ones have you used They look pretty neat.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Ironwood

I have got a box with about 10 assorted Cokin filters, I used them when I had a film camera, I remember the graduated tints came in handy.
I dont have an adapter for my current lenses, so I havent used them with digital yet. The adapters and holder got stolen along with my film camera and lenses.

I plan to get some adapters and a holder so I can start using them again.

nomadrider

I have about 20 of them. They have served me well for many years. You can stack them, or use just the right amount of color. Just make sure to get them large enough to use on the lense you use the most.
This is only a short answer because I have to head off to work soon.

eurotrash

I can't bring myself to use them, no. They just don't seem minimalist to me. As you well may know I like travelling light. I've heard good things about them though.

Personally,I have a Nikon "Neutral Color" (just a clear, really) on my 16-85 and a Marumi CPL filter on standby in the bag. For my 35 1.8 and 40 2.8, I use *gasp! A Quantaray pro series UV. I got it for $4, so sue me! Purely for protection, mind you. The CPL is the only one that actually affects my pictures.

Tami Jo

Right now i only have a UV, CPL and a ND .3. I thought the Cokins could be fun to play around with. So do the sizes of the square filters vary like the circular type or do they come in one standardized size?

Tami Jo

I have about 20 of them. They have served me well for many years. You can stack them, or use just the right amount of color. Just make sure to get them large enough to use on the lense you use the most.
This is only a short answer because I have to head off to work soon.

Id love to hear more about your experiences with them and how they have added creativity in your photos when you have a. Chance.