LCD's measurements favor

PapaST

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a D600 but I'd like to get skins to cover the top and back LCD. Since they don't make them for the D600 yet I was going to try D800 skins.

Could someone with a D600 possibly measure their top and rear LCD sizes for me? I greatly appreciate any help.

This is the size they have listed for the D800 skins:

Our Top Screen Skin measures 41.70 mm x 25 mm (tapering down to 23.61 mm) and our Viewfinder Screen Skin measures 67.25 mm x 51.06 mm.

nzswift

Just measured mine. The rear one is the same size. My calipers tell me the top one may be a tad different tapering to 23.4 - they may not be super accurate though.
Anyhow its damn close to the measurements you posted...

Nikonitus

The D600 does come with a decent snap on LCD protector

I bought one of these snap on genuine Nikon plastic screen covers for the D80 I had a handful of years ago. Worked well for a while but I found that some dust etc accumulated under it and on the screen and sort of scratched the LCD surface a "bit".. I used a polish to buff out the slight rub marks which worked well, and made sure to regularly remove the cover and clean. The D300 came with one and I just cleaned it in the same manner. I guess it will be the "same old same old" with the D600... I might try one of those stick on ones though. Cheap as dirt and they work well on the Sony Walkman and iPod screens...

PapaST

Just measured mine. The rear one is the same size. My calipers tell me the top one may be a tad different tapering to 23.4 - they may not be super accurate though.
Anyhow its damn close to the measurements you posted...

Thanks again, I just got my D600 and I placed the top and main LCD skins. The top skin is slightly too big but good enough until the actual D600 comes in. The main LCD screen is spot on. I'm having a good time getting to know my new little toy. ;)

Rick M

Thanks again, I just got my D600 and I placed the top and main LCD skins. The top skin is slightly too big but good enough until the actual D600 comes in. The main LCD screen is spot on. I'm having a good time getting to know my new little toy. ;)

What kind and from where? Thanks!!!

PapaST

I purchased the bestskinsever skin (D800) to fit the D600. The main was perfect and the top was slightly big but not terrible. Now that I think about it Zagg invisible shield usually run smaller but so maybe it's a good fit. I like bestskinsever because they're dirt cheap.

I like the cover that comes with the camera but since it does get dust/dirt underneath on occasion and I did actually get a scratch once because of this I usually use a skin.