Leica MP 50's model

stmv

crazy, that is for people that have too much cash on hand. I can appreciate a fine piece of equipment, but to value it just due to scarcity is not value in my book. but, I know that in collectors circles, it is, and what separates the 1% from the rest, they can afford scarcity.

jcottone45

crazy, that is for people that have too much cash on hand. I can appreciate a fine piece of equipment, but to value it just due to scarcity is not value in my book. but, I know that in collectors circles, it is, and what separates the 1% from the rest, they can afford scarcity.
Hurts my eyes just reading about.!!

SamSpade1941

Well I am not saying I would pay that much for that MP, but I am saying this. If you have never owned a Leica M series than you will never understand the cache and mystique that is Leica. I owned a Leica M2 and a M3 fora good number of years, and I can say with solid conviction that were I in a position to be able to afford one, by afford one I mean it would not hurt me financially to spend that money to have the camera sit on a shelf and look at it. I would own another, they are works of art. The film advance is buttery smooth and they are quiet as death in operation. The lenses are sharp and produce wonderful images. Just not a lot to hate about an M2 or M3 with a 50mm Summicron or a 35mm for that matter loaded with HP 5 .

Eye-level

Banned
The "MP" stood for Mechanical Precision or so I have read. The MP was the pro level version of the M3...so if you loved the M3 the MP was just the icing on the cake.

BTW the only other camera that can tout a like number of Pulitzers that the F system does is the M system...the two greatest camera systems made so far IMO. They are both still alive and in digital today!

M2's and M3's are cheap nowadays relatively speaking...it is the glass that is the bugger!

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
Maybe it is Seal or the Queen...they are both Leicaphiles...and they have that kind of cash. Well maybe Seal doesn't since Heidi dumped his @ss...probably for spending to much money on cameras. LOL