Lighthouse Point to Boca Raton Panorama

Dave_W

The Dude
That's nice. My only one small issue is that my eyes want to see more of the buildings, it feels like they've been cut too close, if you know what I mean? But that is a minor critique in an otherwise excellent panorama.

Have you tried the Brenizer method of panorama yet? I'm going to give it a try once I decide on a subject. People seem to be the most commonly used subject which makes me want to do something else.

TedG954

Nice Ted! Kinda makes ya feel like you're looking through a narrow opening.

Thanks. It's my third panorama. If I was to print out the 96" X 8" it wouldn't look so narrow. The span is literally miles. It was a fun thing. As I said, the original shows unbelieveable detail when you zoom into the frames. Here's the 6-frame center...

View attachment 18419

And here's one frame....

View attachment 18420

Last edited:

Ironwood

I think it looks great.

I dont have any experience with panorama's, so I am trying to picture what the scene looks like to the eye in real life.
Does the beach curve away either side of the bridge, or is it a straight beach and only looks distorted because of the process ?

TedG954

Thanks. The beach is pretty straight. I'm surprised at how level the horizon stayed with such a length. But, there was required cropping. When you compare the single frame above to the panorama, you can see how much was cropped from the top of the photo. As far as distortion, you have to remember that each end of the beach is probably 2 miles away, for a 4 mile span. I'm certainly not a panorama expert, and there are ways to improve the shot. I used the 18-55 for the photo. It's just a fun process. Enjoy.