Came Through Again

Stangman98

Just another reason that I will always keep my D80 as a back up.
This last weekend I was doing a weekend color shoot at a state park. I was shooting with the following D80, D300, 18-55, 50 1.8, 35 1.8
I found that the entire weekend i was shooting with the D80 on the Tripod and the D300 handheld. The D80 performed amazing as always.
I don't think I will ever sell my D80!!

stmv

smiles,, yup,, D80 is a collector camera.

Why: it is the last CCD family Nikon before CMOS.

Why CMOS,, lower power, but different look then D80 CCD

D80 is what got me to switch from film to Digital. The pictures are so vibrant, and alive. Side by side, the D80 smacked my film shots, and... 10Meg was just the edge of enough pixels for decent 11x14 prints.

over time, I have sold D50s, D300, etc,, but I have no plans on selling the D80. My wife uses it,, and once I upgrade her camera, the D80 returns to me.

Interesting topics.. which Nikon DSLRs will stay in the collection.

so for example,, for film,, I kept a FM2, FE2, FA, and a F3 (well and my original Nikkormat).

and for now,, I would say my lineup for keepers of DSLRs

D50 (no), D80 (yes), D70 (no), D300 (no), D700 (yes), D7000 (maybe, but most likely no), D800 (yes).

I have already sold the D50, D300, and one of my D700s. so,, each person list would be different, but some cameras just deserve to stay in the kit. The D70 was a tough one, but I needed money for the D80, and I really like the D70. I could see people putting the D200 on the list. Of course, there are the big format cameras, but I personally don't like my camera such large frames.

Full time professionals must just laugh, for some, cameras are just tools of the trade, buy, use, trade up to the next one.

You can always keep the D80 as in the car at all times camera.

Last edited:

Stangman98

I love the color that the D80 produces.

DSC2989-77-L.jpg