old primes lens

stmv

so,, I hiked with my D800 with just my old glass primes. Mostly, because I get tired of weight, and these lens are almost tiny in scale.

I was comparing the shots after, and was pleased on the look of the old 35 2.8 lens, not a famous lens, but it rendered the image nicely in the light. Lens to lens, the light is effected, and I can see why some photographers get drawn to some lens for certain images.

Always a pleasure dialing in the focus. Interesting how one slides right back to the old mode of changing apererature and focus on the lens, and of course focus. Essentially, only use the camera for shutter speed with these old glass.

Just for chuckles, you can go to say BH and see that these fully manual Nikons are mostly still Made Brand new. I think Nikon keeps them around to compete against Zeiss. In US, the factories would have scrapped the old machines years ago.​

Ruidoso Bill

so,, I hiked with my D800 with just my old glass primes. Mostly, because I get tired of weight, and these lens are almost tiny in scale.

I was comparing the shots after, and was pleased on the look of the old 35 2.8 lens, not a famous lens, but it rendered the image nicely in the light. Lens to lens, the light is effected, and I can see why some photographers get drawn to some lens for certain images.

Always a pleasure dialing in the focus. Interesting how one slides right back to the old mode of changing apererature and focus on the lens, and of course focus. Essentially, only use the camera for shutter speed with these old glass.

Just for chuckles, you can go to say BH and see that these fully manual Nikons are mostly still Made Brand new. I think Nikon keeps them around to compete against Zeiss. In US, the factories would have scrapped the old machines years ago.​

I was hired to shoot a home yesterday and used my old 24 mm 2.8 on the D800, just amazing what the old lenses turn out.

Eye-level

Banned
More and more people are discovering this. I've been watching Nikon MF lenses very closely for about three years now. I have seen some of them steadily go up in price. Some lenses have went from being cheap to crazy money. Certain ones are becoming rarer and rarer to find nowadays too.

stmv

that is so true, I am sometimes shocked at the price now, but that was due to the D300/700 and now D7000 being able to meter. Prior to that, not a lot of people had DSLRs that could meter the old glass.

A couple of bargain exceptions,, Series E lens (fun), some of the slower but still nice manuals like a 200 mm F4, and

well, buy an old film camera that has a nice prime,, often way cheaper then the stand alone lens, and you can keep the film camera as... a paper weight, conversation starter, industrial art, or just sell back on ebay.

Sambr

that is so true, I am sometimes shocked at the price now, but that was due to the D300/700 and now D7000 being able to meter. Prior to that, not a lot of people had DSLRs that could meter the old glass.

A couple of bargain exceptions,, Series E lens (fun), some of the slower but still nice manuals like a 200 mm F4, and

well, buy an old film camera that has a nice prime,, often way cheaper then the stand alone lens, and you can keep the film camera as... a paper weight, conversation starter, industrial art, or just sell back on ebay.

Not true the D40, D70, D50, D200 all could meter MF glass .

Eye-level

Banned
It is not just the Nikon digital stuff that is using these lenses 3/4 and other cameras like the Nex series are taking a bite out of old lenses of all stripes too. Frankly I think it sucks but all I need is just a couple more and then I am done. (famous last words) :)