Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Harvest.jpg

Weekly Challenge October 7-14: HARVEST

Since today is the Canadian version of Thanksgiving, I thought harvest would be a good subject. I'm sure you can find a way to photograph freshly harvested products in your respective areas. Remember to read the rules and obey them. Let your mind free and give it all you have. Best of luck and remember that this has to be fun.

These challenges are designed to help you grow in your photography skills and creativity, and also to have fun. Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information.

The Rules
  1. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system.
  2. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  3. Challenges will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge, unless otherwise indicated.
  5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

RockyNH_RIP

Wow, 2 days in and no submissions yet!!! :rolleyes: Is everyone holding back??? I hope (if the weather holds to take my shots today and process by tomorrow night!!

Good luck to all, I am sure there will be lot of really good ones...

Pat in NH

nikonpup

65 clear & sunny great fall day, photo not for judging sprinklers going, FAINT RAINBOW

Attachments

• harvest 2 s 076.JPG
    harvest 2 s 076.JPG
    861.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

cdly

My garden is done, since we had a hard freeze last weekend. this harvest is in the garage waiting to be processed.Harvest2.JPG

RockyNH_RIP

Ok, got my shots yesterday!! (Good Thing - it's raining AGAIN today!)
I visited 2 local farm stands in Litchfield NH and took a bunch of shots... I was pleased but had trouble picking from a few. Brought them to work and asked the girls that work for me what they liked... Not sure how much that helped. (they all picked something different the first pass!)

Anyway.... here is what I settled on...
DSC_0334.JPG

Here is the data on the shot... It was a quite bright afternoon sun...

DateTime: 2012:10:1119:45:29
Camera Model: NIKON D5100
Lens AF-S 18-55mm DX VR
Exposure Program: AperturePriority (A mode)
Metering Mode: Multi-Segment
White Balance: Auto
Aperture: F5.6
Exposure Time: 1/2000 Sec
ISO: 200
EV±: 0.0 EV
Focal Length: 48.0mm
Flash: None

I hope you all enjoy... many nice shots as usual, best of luck to all... This rookie continues to learn thanks to you ALL. Thank You!

Pat in NH

Status
Not open for further replies.