I ordered a new house for my D700.

TedG954

I really like my Lowepro 200AW that I use for my D5100. So, I ordered a 302AW for my D700. I am very pleased with the quality of the Lowepro products and even use a small one for my Canon (what?) S90.

images

Not my photo.

TedG954

I have one as well, love it. Getting kind of heavy though...lol Too many lenses & cameras.

I can certainly understand your dilemma.

Maybe, I can help.

Send me a list of your lenses and I'll tell you which ones I can store for you.

Really. I don't mind helping out.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I can certainly understand your dilemma.

Maybe, I can help.

Send me a list of your lenses and I'll tell you which ones I can store for you.

Really. I don't mind helping out.

Ted - you are so understanding and caring to make such an offer. I did the same thing and started on orphanage. ;)

Ruidoso Bill

I am also looking for something larger, I have a good Lowepro D200 Reporter but just not enough when I take 2 bodies and stuff to a site, also not safe to be using multiple small bags. Nothing beats Lowepro, mine has been all over the world several times and shows no wear.

nomadrider

I carry a ton of stuff with me. Otherwise it seems that what I need for the shot is home. So, the Tamrac Expedition 7x is my choice.
A big hike would be 15 miles. Most are in the 5 or 6 range.

TedG954

The 302 is terrific. I'll be hunting for photo ops on Sunday at an antique air and car show. I'm taking my D700 with 35mm attached and 3 additional lenses. I'll be carrying my tripod attached to the bag too. I tried it all out tonight and the weight is apparent but well distributed. I probably won't use the belly band, but I can see where it would be handy on rougher trails. I'd recommend it to anyone in the market. Here's mine:

View attachment 18617

Phillydog1958

I'm sure there are other great camera bag manufacturers out there, but Lowepro has really gained my loyalty. I have 3 of them, and I also have a bag by a company called, Tamrac. I like my Tamrac, but it just doesn't touch the quality or practicality that goes into a Lowepro bag.

TedG954

I'm sure there are other great camera bag manufacturers out there, but Lowepro has really gained my loyalty. I have 3 of them, and I also have a bag by a company called, Tamrac. I like my Tamrac, but it just doesn't touch the quality or practicality that goes into a Lowepro bag.

I agree. The 2 LowePros that I use are excellent. The only "bag" company I would prefer over LowePro is Maxpedition, but they don't make camera-specific bags.

I am now currently debating with myself on getting a new camera bag between the LowePro 302 AW Bag and a Pelican 1454 Camera Case. While the Pelican Case is about 2X the money of the LowePro it is a hard bodied more secure case. But it's not as easy to carry for any distances as the LowePro is.

I currently have a small LowePro single camera single lens case that I use, but now as I start acquiring some more/better lenses I feel the need for a larger bag/case!