Monopod worked out pretty well.

TedG954

I did a walking tour of our local arboretum yesterday. While I was on my way there, I realized I had forgotten my tripod. Normally, that's not much of a problem, but I was intending to shoot 7-frame bracketed photos. I decided not to go back for the tripod when I remembered that I had my monopod in the back. As it turned out, the monopod was very helpful. It's a lot lighter than my tripod and while it doesn't perform like a rock, it did make a difference. From what I could tell, Photomatix had no problem aligning my shots.

I will always prefer the tripod, but in a pinch, or a hike, the monopod works well.

View attachment 18124

fotojack

Yup, monopods are definitely worth the money. Camera shake is cause by up and down movement, which a monopod eliminates. I have two of them.....just in case. ;)

Tami Jo

I've never used a monopod before. But i have been hearing about here. They seem like they may be a much needed gem. Light weight, portable...hmmm How do they differ from a tripod in terms of stability!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Sambr

A tripod is much more stable in fact it's not even comparable(apples & oranges both fruit but...) however with practice a "Mono" can be your best friend. I use mine all the time even as a walking stick when I am out in the woods.

fotojack

I've never used a monopod before, but i have been hearing about them here. They seem like they may be a much needed gem. Light weight, portable...hmmm How do they differ from a tripod in terms of stability!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Monopods help eliminate the up/down movement of the camera, thereby reducing some of the causes of camera shake. Very practical when taking pan shots, or when using a large zoom lens.

Tami Jo

I think due to it's compact size it would get much more use outdoors than perhaps a tripod would. At least during hiking trips or places where you wouldn't want to carry a lot of gear.