Lens rental companies

Billy Y.

I may head down to Yellowstone National Park next weekend and wanted to rent a long lens to take with me, does anyone have experience with a rental company they would recomend? Some of the sites I checked the 500mm wasn't too bad price wise to get for a week, but I would like to use a reputable company.
Thanks

Tami Jo

I haven't yet...but heard borrowlenses.com is good. You might want to check them out.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

§am

Sorry, the only place I have used is in the UK.
However, in case it helps, a 500mm here would cost £273 for a week, and I think the equivalent from BorrowLenses seems less in the US :)

Bargain for a week's rental :p

Stangman98

I have used Borrowlenses a few times now. Best company out there! Great customer service and great products. Prices are awesome too!!

Billy Y.

I have used Borrowlenses a few times now. Best company out there! Great customer service and great products. Prices are awesome too!!

I checked Glazers camera in Seattle thinking that they were the closest so i would save on shipping, but they wanted 240 in shipping alone! So Borrowlenses sent me a 3 day rental for 275 USD and that includes shipping and insurance. Glazers total would have been close to 600 dollars for the same lens and time... Go figure.

Thanks Stangman

Billy Y.

What lens are you renting? Must be a big one?
Well I was going to rent the 500, but the consensus is it doesn't take teleconverters well, so I thought about the 400 2.8, but the weight of it would be too much for what I wanted. So I went with the 300 2.8 - knowing that it would handle my 1.7 teleconverter well, and was very pleased with the performance. It is really a great lens - I will post some pics when I get a chance to go through them. We just got home this evening.