Nikon is not done yet!

AC016

According to NR, Nikon is not done with it's 2012 announcements. A week or so ago, i posted a NR link for a new wireless remote. The folks at NR say that no new wireless remote goes without a new camera. So, i would assume that this new wireless remote is meant for a DSLR!?!? Anyhow, of course it is pure speculation at this point in time, but are we gooing to see yet another new DSLR release from Nikon before the year is out?

stmv

seems like a high end would be possible, I doupt that the D400 will be coming out this year.

The D600 is already here, and with the D7000,, I bet that a D300 replacement is not likely, since not enough potential buyers could exists. Kinda like how the 5100 is being squeezed out.

but you never know, perhaps a $1600 D400 with a higher quality build and features might sell like hotcakes.

comes down to
24 meg DX sensor, with higher fps, and bracket depth, built like a tank.

Last edited:

cbg

I would agree that it is very unlikely that a D400 will beb released this year, but I do think at some point thit will be out. Hopefully sometime next year. I just don't believe Nikon would leave that big of a gap between the D7000 and D600 and not have a pro body DX.

Colin.

stmv

All depends on how many pro body DX users are left out there. This is kinda a shrinking group, since many perhaps have moved onto the FX sensor, and many of the DX users are quite content with the D7000. So, it will be how many actual users will exists to pay the dollars, is that enough to support a whole line, support, spare parts, etc.

I think a fair amount of potential D400 users will be moved into the D600 world. Especially, when you see the increasing pace of lens being released targeting this camera.

What would be nice would be a D400+ with a bit more features turned on,, maybe drop the D400 prices to say 1800 dollars, and come out with a D400+ with the features that pro photographers expect but keep the wight low like the D400.