Lighting a Bottle

robin623

Anyone have ideas on lighting and photographing a bottle? Worried about reflections here, as both the lights and camera will probably be seen on the glass. Also, really want to get the lighting to look right. Info: Will be trying to recreate the Skyy Vodka ads for practice. Here's one I am interested in, though the others are also possibilities. I believe they've 'cleaned up' the bottle in post, but still want to light it right. Thanks

index.jpg

advertisement.jpg

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

Last edited:

AxeMan - Rick S.

More than likely the bottle was photographed on a green screen, then in post processing the models were added and the green screen changed to red.

This shot reminds me of a video I watch on you tube while working on a weekly photo challenge.

Photographing a Bottle: A lighting Lesson - YouTube

I don't know how much gear you have to work with but you will get an idea what kind of placement you'll need for your lighting.

If I was doing this shot I would photograph the bottle first then shoot the models, then merge the two photo's together in post processing.

Please share your photo when you finish it.

RockyNH_RIP

More than likely the bottle was photographed on a green screen, then in post processing the models were added and the green screen changed to red.

This shot reminds me of a video I watch on you tube while working on a weekly photo challenge.

Photographing a Bottle: A lighting Lesson - YouTube

I don't know how much gear you have to work with but you will get an idea what kind of placement you'll need for your lighting.

If I was doing this shot I would photograph the bottle first then shoot the models, then merge the two photo's together in post processing.

Please share your photo when you finish it.

That sounds very interesting, thank you for sharing that info. I am also looking forward to his photo...

Pat in NH