Inexpensive Nikon Film Lenses.... great value, good performance.

stmv

almost an endless variety and choice depending upon budget. Heck, I have even paid the 25 dollars to cut the metal to convert non AI to AI compatible mount.

Once you have a camera that can meter the NON_CPU glass, you are in business. You do have to set the settings in the menu (you can program up to 9 manual lens glass).

of course for the D AFS series (auto focus), no issue at all.

my favorite the low cost old zooms -> 28-105,, sharper then the 24-120 but the 24-120 is a nice lens also.

also, if you are looking at low cost small zooms, then the best deal, best optics in my experience is the 28-70, 3.5-4.5 D.. This is a really nice solid little lens that includes a macro mode. These can be purchased often around 70 dollars, and the images are nice and sharp. One of the bargain gems.

stmv

and it almost varies with camera, I owned both for a duration of time, ended up selling the 24-120 with my D700 which paired up with it really well. The D800 really did not like the 24-120, or even the 28-105,, so ,, I usually use the higher end zooms on that camera.

for some reason,, my 7000 had trouble focusing the 24-120, but no issue with the 28-105, again, funny how certain cameras will work with some lens and less with others.

the 24-120 is lighter, but no built in macro if I remember correctly.