Latest Acquisition

fotojack

Just arrived this morning! My studio strobe/modeling light. Not the best in the world, but hey...it's all I can afford! lol I'll be trying it out in the days to come, and I shall give a full report on its efficacy.

Attachments

• Blazzeo Strobe.jpg
    Blazzeo Strobe.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

stmv

nice,, maybe someday,, I'll trend in that direction, I am forced to use old Luxo lamps for directional control (the heavy duty ones made in USA with heat shields), and have not taken that plunge, maybe in a few years.

Have a blast tuning your setup. You can buy a used mannaquin and perfect the setup.

fotojack

Notice anything strange about the photo? ;) Dumbass me forgot to set it to Aperture mode! lol If you check out the EXIF, you'll notice, too, that the ISO is at 1600.....hence the noise! I had it in Shutter mode. DUH! lol

RockyNH_RIP

Just arrived this morning! My studio strobe/modeling light. Not the best in the world, but hey...it's all I can afford! lol I'll be trying it out in the days to come, and I shall give a full report on its efficacy.

Way to go Jack, Congrats!! Nice to get new stuff...

Pat in NH

pedroj

I've had mine for a few years now...Bought [cheap $350] from Hong Kong about 6/7 years back and had no probs with them..

fotojack

Yeah, I'll have to get to it pretty quick here. But not tonight. I'm meeting Marcel tonight at his hotel for coffee. He's in town for 3 days. :)

Ruidoso Bill

Notice anything strange about the photo? ;) Dumbass me forgot to set it to Aperture mode! lol If you check out the EXIF, you'll notice, too, that the ISO is at 1600.....hence the noise! I had it in Shutter mode. DUH! lol

I thought you were going for the "Grainy" effect!

gqtuazon

Gear Head

Congrats Jack. That is a great buy. I thought the image was taken by an iphone or something similar. (LOL!)

fotojack

Mine came with 4 stands 2 for the lights 2 for the backdrop 4 umbrellas and a bag withit all in..

That's a great deal, Pedro. I already have the stands and umbrellas. :) I should get a bag, though, to lug all this stuff around on my portrait shoots. :)

fotojack

Your flash looks really cool Jack. Now you'll have to build a softbox for it ;-)

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, Marcel. I'll have to see what I can come up with. :)

Hey..it was great visiting with you tonight. Wish we had more time and better weather. It was snowing on my way home! lol What a great country, eh! :)Marcel & Jack 2012.jpg

Notice how I screwed up again in this shot! We were rushed for time. He was throwing me out as it was late and he had to go to bed! ;) LOL

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Marcel took much better pictures with his D90. I'll let him post the ones he likes best. :)

Already posted them in my 366 Jack.

But I'll post them again. It was really nice of you to take the time to drop by. Thanks again.

Marcel & Jack 2.jpg

Marcel & Jack 3.jpg