Camera straps

M

macjim

Has anyone bought the neoprene camera strap from Jessops to use with the D600, and are you happy with it? I've bought one to replace the 'mug me' strap supplied with the camera but I'm unsure if it'll stand up to the job.

Nikonitus

Not me macjim, but I was wondering what you mean by "mug me". I put my supplied strap on and for the first time I used it over the past weekend and I'd describe it as a "strangle me" strap. It's lighter built than the D300's one and smaller in length and the first thing I thought after slinging the 600 around my neck was - gasp for air - as it was right in my face, sort of... Mind you, the D300's strap took forever to break in as it was heavier built and was less forgiving as it dug into my neck for about 12 months. The D600's strap, bening lighter built, is already comfortable, once again, sort of...

M

macjim

Oh, it was a referral to the Nikon D600 branding. I didn't want a strap that advertised to the 'bad boy's' that I had an expensive camera. I've decided to return the Jessops strap and buy the ThinkTank Camera Strap V2.0 instead as it doesn't have the quick release straps that the Jessops one has.

Nikonitus

Ah ok,,,
I don't mind having the big yellow leterring on mine. I did get a heck of a lot of looks the other day when I took the D600 down to an event I photographed...

Just-Clayton

I have to laugh. The strap I had on my 300s was fraying and getting rough looking. I had an older cannon strap that I swiched it with. It's a good wide strap and the logo doesn't affect me at all and it doesn't get twisted due to the swivel clips. I just get funny looks.

Geoffc

I have to laugh. The strap I had on my 300s was fraying and getting rough looking. I had an older cannon strap that I swiched it with. It's a good wide strap and the logo doesn't affect me at all and it doesn't get twisted due to the swivel clips. I just get funny looks.

That's probably a good technique to avoid it getting stolen.

M

macjim

I've returned the Jessops strap and now have a very nice ThinkTank Camera Strap V2.0 with the Blue trim. Very nice indeed and it has non-slip material on both sides making it safer to use that the kit strap.

wysiwyg

I use a homemade strap made out of an old scarf - it serves 3 purposes - looks great - is really comfy and Keeps my neck warm at the same time .

I have a (I believe) fantastic OP/Tech USA sling strap that I use, and swear by. It is so comfortable and handy to use I love it. In fact it was on my D3100 which I sold 2 weeks ago and I took it off just before selling the camera. Gave the buyer the "old" Nikon strap that was hardly used, so we were both happy. The very first thing I did when the D90 arrived was to put the OP/Tech strap on it. It ataches to the mounting eye (either just one or both) where the original Nikon strap did but with quick disconnect fittings. Leaving the tripod socket free and available for use. They also make a dual camera strap for those so inclined.

http://optechusa.com/straps/utility-strap-sling.html

Last edited:

PapaST

That Luma Cinch looks great. Similar to the BR, but with 2 connecting points. That might make it more stable. If I didn't already have my money in BR straps then I'd definitely check this out.

mr2_serious

Look at:

Carry speed strap
Custom SLR strap
Joby strap

I have the first two for my d7000 and they are very very comfortable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

RookieDSLR

I just intalled a Black Rapid RS Sport L made for lefties and I really enjoy it. The main feature for me is that I no longer give my kids black eyes when I lean down to pick them up LOL. It is comfortable and I am glad I bought it. I paid $60 for it from Allen's Camera and I am happy with the whole process.

Jeremy V