Keeping the lens cap safe

DaveB

Just a little tip. I replaced my lens cap with one that had a cord on it, felt safer (and looks Identical to the Nikon original but for the logo!) However if you attach the cord to the strap anchor and let the cap dangle it gets caught and in the way for downward shots.

Solution: buy some of the cheapish elastic hair bands (come on a card of 6 - 10). Attach the loop of the cap to one of those and then slip the band over the lens - easily removed and you can put the band on your wrist and tuck the cap under it if no suitable pocket available.

Also good for retaining other caps etc., like those on USB sticks if the stick as a loop on each part.

cbg

I've never liked the little lens cap keepers that attach them to the strap, etc, so I just keep it in my pocket when it's not on te lens. I'll have to take a look at the elsstic hair bands and see if I like that better.

Colin

LensWork

I just use a UV filter to protect the front element of my lenses. Lens caps and cap-keepers just get in the way and can cost you valuable time when a once-in-a-lifetime shot presents itself. Lose the cap, put a good quality UV filter on your lens and never worry about that front element again!

Sambr

Len's caps??? People still use them? All mine are in a box. Can't be bothered with them I have good filters on my lens so no need for lens caps. I have yet to replace a filter due to scratches.