Hs jv football game

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice shot Glenn. My only critique is the shutter speed. Too slow. I wonder if you could have under-exposed it a bit just to make sure to really freeze the action. It looks like a little over exposed to me. And maybe get rid of the TC just to get more light. Then crop the hell out of it. For me, I'd rather have grain than too slow of a shutter speed.
Crank the iso up to 12000 and see what the 800 will give you. For sports, I think the action has got to be stopped.JMHO.

Scott Murray

Nice shot Glenn. My only critique is the shutter speed. Too slow. I wonder if you could have under-exposed it a bit just to make sure to really freeze the action. It looks like a little over exposed to me. And maybe get rid of the TC just to get more light. Then crop the hell out of it. For me, I'd rather have grain than too slow of a shutter speed.
Crank the iso up to 12000 and see what the 800 will give you. For sports, I think the action has got to be stopped.JMHO.
Actually Marcel what I like in this photo is that the main man with the ball is sharp and in focus (upper body anyways) the resulting blur tells the story of motion. I understand the need to "freeze" action but the action thats needed freezing is frozen and yet the rest tells the story, what would have been great was a follow through of shots showing the resulting tackle ;).

I could be way off but this is what makes it appealing to me.

gqtuazon

Gear Head

Thanks for the feedback Marcel. The games started late in the afternoon and the light just quickly deteriorated. I had to take out my TC after 45 minutes of shooting. This was more of a panning shot but I did set my shutter up to 1/250, f3.4, AUTO ISO to 6400 later in the game when it was much darker.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Actually Marcel what I like in this photo is that the main man with the ball is sharp and in focus (upper body anyways) the resulting blur tells the story of motion. I understand the need to "freeze" action but the action thats needed freezing is frozen and yet the rest tells the story, what would have been great was a follow through of shots showing the resulting tackle ;).

I could be way off but this is what makes it appealing to me.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Here is another shot similar set-up at f5.6, 1/400, ISO 5000

KHS018.jpg