Do you use a wrist strap?

TedG954

I just read the sad tale of a D300 falling in to a bucket of water. It made me shutter (note the camera lingo). Whenever my camera is off the tripod, I have the wrist strap engaged to insure it doesn't hit the ground if I should lose my grip. I believe it's some good insurance.

View attachment 17564

KWJams

I don't have a wrist strap and don't really trust them. My number 1 rule when handling a camera by hand is to always pick it up and loop the strap around my wrist so if it does slip and fall the camera will at least be caught by the strap hanging from my arm.

Dave_W

The Dude
I'm a bit paranoid, too. So I generally keep the strap around my neck when the camera is on the tripod. It's a little uncomfortable but I've gotten used to it.

Rick M

I use a wrist strap as it works well when using my holster bag. Since the holster bag converts to a shoulder bag, I raely use a neck strap anymore. As soon as it comes out of the bag, I have the wrist strap on.

Shoots808

Gordys wrist strap for me. I have it connected to the bottom of the battery grip and I put it on before taking the camera out of the bag, then I put the camera back in the bag before removing the strap.I don't like neck straps, they tend to snag on everything.