D300s

Maureen Davies

Hi just wondered if any one can help me I have the D300s and find that sometimes the apperture wheel goes to 0 I can't move it on to
F No but if I leave it for some hours the full F numbers are available again any one had this problem??.
I have had the D300s for 2 years now and only now seem to have this problem.

pedroj

I have the D300 I should imagine they would be the same in this department..

After a few seconds the screen on top stops displaying in the aperture area then when the button is pressed it lights up..
does yours do this...

Maureen Davies

Yes mine is the same as that its just that the aperture seems to get stuck on F0 and for some reason and I can't move it at all
then after a while I can move it f4 to f29 just wondered if anyone else have experienced the same thing.
I took it back to the camera shop Jessops and they said I should update the firmware so I paid them £50. I worked ok for a while after that but its gone again

Fork

I don't know what you mean by "The aperture wheel goes to f/0". F/0 doesn't exist and the aperture wheel doesn't move on its own.

What lens are you using and what mode are you trying to shoot in? Is there any way you can take a picture of the screen when it shows f/0 and post it here so we can see the problem a bit more clrearly?

Maureen Davies

I have taken the Photo for you to see I have a tameron 10 / 24 a Tameron 70/ 300 and a nikon 18 / 135 which was a kit lens but this happens with all lenses.
I should have said when I rotate the aperture whee the f/0 just don#t move .l I shoot mostly in M mode
d300 012.JPG d300 011.JPG

Maureen Davies

Thanks for that muzzza I phoned Nikon UK today and I am sending it back to them direct they have made arrangements to send me a prepaid label for the return so hopefully it will be sorted by them. (watch this space as they say)

Bukitimah

Yeap it sound logical to be the contact points for the lens. Hope you got it resolved. Over here in Singapore, we just need to send it over to Nikon Service Centre and they will get it fixed. Very efficient team here.

stmv

yes, good advice lots on the net, stating that the camera is not reading the lens properly, especially for G type lens, contracts,, Make sure you are getting a nice firm click.. good luck

davidnholtjr

I have taken the Photo for you to see I have a tameron 10 / 24 a Tameron 70/ 300 and a nikon 18 / 135 which was a kit lens but this happens with all lenses.
I should have said when I rotate the aperture whee the f/0 just don#t move .l I shoot mostly in M mode
View attachment 17703 View attachment 17704

Hello,

I've had this happened before. Come to find out it was dirty contacts. Cleaned the contacts on the camera and lenses with a dry clean cloth and all was good.