El Tranquilo's Fotos.

El Tranquilo

So what better way to start than with a little music

DSC_0017.jpg

KWJams

Great shots. :cool:

As an effort for me to learn more, may I ask what metering setting were you using?
The top picture makes me think that the camera was reading the light bounce off the keys and under exposed the faces. Not that there is anything wrong with the way it turned out, I am just curious if you were shooting in spot metering or center weighted if matrix would have balanced out the entire frame.
The second one I really like!

El Tranquilo

Thanks for the encouragement, KW!

I'm new at this and I'm not sure I can answer your question. I'm looking at the metadata in LightRoom and all I see is 1/320 at f5.6, 185mm, ISO 200. I don't see any metering info, but my guess is that you are right and that it was center weighted. I was eating lunch in a sidewalk cafe across the street and just pulled out my camera and didn't really make much in the way of adjustments.

Out of curiosity, is there some way to find out what the metering was on a photo that I'm not aware of?

KWJams

Not sure if there is faster or better ways, but if the image is still on the card you should be able to view the info details in the camera.

In my D5100 there is an icon located in the top left corner of the play back image details for what metering settings the picture is taken at.

KWJams

If you have'nt changed the settings since then click the info button and scroll to the metering selection then click ok to see what it is set at. The question mark will explain what each choice does.

I took some pictures of family last weekend in shaded areas and was disappointed when I got home and downloaded them. Their faces were under exposed but their clothing sure looked crisp. So while trying to figure what I did wrong got me to thinking of if I should have center weighted on their faces instead of Matrix. Just learning myself. :)

El Tranquilo

There was a huge orchid exhibit at the Botanical Gardens during the Feria de las Flores in Medellin. I got there with my camera a day late. The exhibit was closed, so I got a picture of some baskets.

IMG_9260-2-4.jpg