NIkon D2X will not work with wireless trigger

Glennsk49

My Nikon D2X will not activate my third party wireless trigger used to fire a couple of studio strobes. The trigger works perfectly with my vintage Nikon F as well as my Minolta 7HI digital camera.

What is going on here and how do I resolve this problem?

Browncoat

Sounds like you're trying to synchronize Brand X, Y, and Z. Like anything else, sometimes this just isn't possible even if it's supposed to be a "universal" remote. Different brands, different frequencies.

I would think your best bet is to look for answers in the direction of the trigger, not the camera.

Snap Happy

I too have experianced problems with remote triggers in a studio. One solution I had was to make sure the PC Sync leads were not coiled up too much when using the wireless reciever. As it did not transmit enough "juice" up the cable to the stobe when coiled up. I had to lay it out more, even when the reciever had a new battery in it. I am not saying this is the problem you are having, but you have to check and recheck everyting and it is a pain, I know.

Can you fire off the strobes with the trigger if it is not attached to a camera? Have you tryed another digital camera? I do assume you have checked/changed the batteries? Have you attached the PC Sync cable directly to the camera and checked them?

There is just so many combinations of things that can go wrong, I hope you find the solution. I do know that some PC Sync cables have voltage issues with remote setups. Hope this info helps. Though it may not fix your problem.

Glennsk49

Thanks for your help - M new no name trigger purchased on Ebay from China turned out to be defective. My older wireless trigger now seems to be working. Thanks again for your help.