My first Nikon

Ironwood

I was digging around in a cupboard today, found this at the back :)I bought this camera new about 30 years ago, in fact I think it was 1983, to take on my first overseas trip.I took some great photos with this camera ( well, they were great at the time :eek: )

af35.jpg

Last edited:

Ironwood

I know its not an SLR, but I couldn't find a more appropriate forum.

(I tried to add this in my first post by editing, but it wouldnt let me for some reason.)

Eye-level

Banned
It is indeed an SLR and one of the finest full auto 35mm film cameras of it's day. I have one but when you put a battery in it it gets dangerously hot like it is going to burst into flames! Get you a roll of film and play with it they take excellent pictures and they are super simple to use.

Ironwood

Not sure I want to go back to film Jeff.

I am getting to like the instant ( and cheap ) feedback I can get from digital.

I can remember backpacking around Asia and Europe in the late "80's with my Nikon FG, I was posting my rolls of film back home, and after about 6 months travelling I couldn't even afford to buy the film anymore, it was film or food in the end.

There is a place in town that still sells film, and they will develope it also, I notice there are still a few that like to use it.

Photowyzard

Sure you do. I just bought a used F5 about 3 weeks ago and I am loving it.

I pushe a roll of Ilford FP4 125 ISO and a roll of Fujicolour 200 ISO film through the camera and have a 400 ISO roll going in it right now.

Brings back a ton of memories and my wife can starting getting prints again of family events, just like the days before Digital.

I am loving it!

ktan7

Vintage Nikon camera - as long as it still work, it should take amazing photographs! Result shoot time stamp the camera's age.

STM

This is my first Nikon, circa 1975 and I still use it. It only took me about a year and a half to outgrow Minolta. Their lenses sucked compared to Nikkors. I will bet I have put at least a half mile of film through it. I worked for an entire summer to pay for it. I added the MD-2/MB-1 and 50mm f/1.4 later. I got it with a 50mm f/2 non-AI Nikkor, though I no longer have it.

f2avatar_zpsdd290cf1.jpg

STM

I bet you wish you still had the 50/2... :)

Not really, it was single layer coated and although it was sharp, it had flare issues with a bright light in the frame. I did like the scalloped focusing and aperture rings though.

Last edited: