Bag recommendation

Dooku77

Can anyone recommend a sling or messenger bag that doesn't scream steal my gear. One of the main things I'm looking for is that it can hold my D7000 with the grip on. I have 3 lenses now and the bag I was using quickly became to small. Thanks

Eye-level

Banned
I use a modified fag bag that I bought at Bass Pro Shops. I can carry my dslr my film camera, a meter, a flash, 5 rolls of film, various filters and caps, my wallet, and my phone in it. It screams I will knock your @ss out with my purse if you try to snatch it! LOL

Dooku77

I use a modified fag bag that I bought at Bass Pro Shops. I can carry my dslr my film camera, a meter, a flash, 5 rolls of film, various filters and caps, my wallet, and my phone in it. It screams I will knock your @ss out with my purse if you try to snatch it! LOL

That's so funny. We have a Cabellas here where I live. I could always venture over to see what they have. I can't afford a domke or crumpler right now.

Eye-level

Banned
I think mine was like 14.95 or something. I took away the plastic belt clip system and sewed the web belts together at the ends it is still just a tiny bit short for my liking (it needs to hang about 3 inches lower) but it works well and I really like it. I have been thinking about making a custom black leather version of it with padded walls bottom and top and a velcro divider.

Tami Jo

I have one of the Amazon backpacks when the need to take a lot of gear arises. Otherwise I have a Nikon dslr bag that holds the d7k and two additional lenses and still has room for filters, remotes etc...The Lowepro bag I had been using was way too small. I did however see a really neat one recently that didn't look like a camera bag and was a tan canvas type. Or at least that's what it looked like to me.

Dooku77

I have one of the Amazon backpacks when the need to take a lot of gear arises. Otherwise I have a Nikon dslr bag that holds the d7k and two additional lenses and still has room for filters, remotes etc...The Lowepro bag I had been using was way too small. I did however see a really neat one recently that didn't look like a camera bag and was a tan canvas type. Or at least that's what it looked like to me.

Did it look like this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348444936.808532.jpg

Tami Jo

I'm pretty sure she means this one....the Messenger.

View attachment 17210

No I've not yet seen that one...but I REALLY like that style :D When I was looking I didn't see anything like that. However once you purchase one you will see all the wonderful bags you had wished you had seen. That looks like a great bag minus the Canon products lol. Is that a Lowepro?I was actually looking to get away from the "camera bag" look. And that would do it so well. Do you have this one Jack? I am wondering what it holds.

fotojack

No, Tami, I have a backpack type for location shoots (CompuTrekker AW), and a smaller bag for smaller shoots (Nova 4 AW). And for just walking around, I use a National Geographic bag to carry my D40.
I do like the messenger style of bag, though, and I want to get one if the money should ever become available. :) I need to do a few more shoots. :)

cbg

I looked at a couple of Tenbas before I bought the Lowepro. I picked up the Lowepro 350AW because it met my needs better than the Tenbas the stores had in stock.

Colin

aZuMi

Crumpler seems to be a very good bag based on durability and waterproof. Very entertaining too.

Personally, I use Lowepro Flipside 300 (goes really well with 80-200mm 2.8) and Lowepro Compu Daypack (for laptop+DSLR)