Kata 3N1-35 PL Sling Backpack

dynamo_31

Hi,

Any opinions/views on the Kata 3N1-35 PL Sling Backpack? What is the top compartment like size-wise? Any other options similar to this?

Thanks

Phillydog1958

You might want to visit Lowepro's website and check out their entire lineup. I'm sure they have something similar to the styling of the Kata. I've heard of Kata, but I don't know much about their line. I've heard that they make great bags. Personally, I use Lowepro. I have 3 of them.

dynamo_31

You might want to visit Lowepro's website and check out their entire lineup. I'm sure they have something similar to the styling of the Kata. I've heard of Kata, but I don't know much about their line. I've heard that they make great bags. Personally, I use Lowepro. I have 3 of them.

Thanks for the Lowepro recommendation. I've had a look and like the look of the Photo Hatchback. Do you know anything about this? Quality? Which bags do you use?

Phillydog1958

Thanks for the Lowepro recommendation. I've had a look and like the look of the Photo Hatchback. Do you know anything about this? Quality? Which bags do you use?

I personally don't know anything about the photo hatchback, but as long as you match the bag with your needs, you will be OK, because Lowepro makes superior bags. You won't get it home and then have a bout of buyer's remorse. They're durable, well-padded, practical and aesthetically-pleasing. I have the fast pack 250 for carrying all of my gear. I use the slingshot 200 as a day bag and I recently purchased the Stealth Reporter 400. Bestbuy carries some of the Lowepro bags, but you should be able to get almost any model from Amazon. YouTube has some great videos on many Lowepro bags. You can browse YouTube for videos on any bag, including Kata.

dynamo_31

Thanks. The one thing I was worried about was lack of quality but lowepro sound respectable and trustworthy. I'm going to try and see if a store has one in stock that I can physically make sure it is right, but I did have a look at the fastpack as well. What is the top compartment of that like for personal items?

Phillydog1958

Thanks. The one thing I was worried about was lack of quality but lowepro sound respectable and trustworthy. I'm going to try and see if a store has one in stock that I can physically make sure it is right, but I did have a look at the fastpack as well. What is the top compartment of that like for personal items?

Sorry, I just noticed that you're in the UK . . .No Bestbuy for you . . . But, I agree with you. Go check out your local camera shop. They should carry the line. On the fastpack and slingshot, there is an upper storage area. You can use it for storing personal or photo gear. Also, check out Aamazon for user photos and reviews. As with anything, you get what you pay for. For lack of a better way of paintIng a picture, using a Lowepro bag is comparable to driving a BMW. They're fun, durable and some might even consider them to be sexy. :)

Last edited:

Berkerk

While I don't have a 3N1 series bag, I can highly recommend Kata bags in general. They have excellent padding and durable external materials.

Most of their bags are very innovative and all features can be checked out on their website, where they also have a really useful bag selector.

I'm starting to sound like an ad for them now so I'll stop. :)

dynamo_31

Thanks. I can understand about hot climates, but I only plan to use it around the cities and areas close to me, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

dynamo_31

While I don't have a 3N1 series bag, I can highly recommend Kata bags in general. They have excellent padding and durable external materials.

Most of their bags are very innovative and all features can be checked out on their website, where they also have a really useful bag selector.

I'm starting to sound like an ad for them now so I'll stop. :)

Great, thanks for that. I'll try and compare it in the camera shop I'm going to visit. Are you sure you don't work for Kata? ;)

Berkerk

I wish, I need a new bag.

If you get a chance in the shop, check out the Revolver (I think that's it's name) a crazy bag if ever you saw one! Clever but gimmicky.