There's No Such Thing as a Bad Day in Paradise

Dave9072

Took me a minute to realize where these shots are from Ted. I spent a week at the Fort Lauderdale Grande (right on the intracostal next to the Las Olas) back in 2008 - during a big tropical storm. I've never seen it rain that hard and stop/start so fast, like someone was turning a faucet.

Beautiful area!

Dave9072

Took me a minute to realize where these shots are from Ted. I spent a week at the Fort Lauderdale Grande (right on the intracostal next to the Las Olas) back in 2008 - during a big tropical storm. I've never seen it rain that hard and stop/start so fast, like someone was turning a faucet.

Beautiful area!

Wait a minute, maybe I'm remembering this wrong. Ted, Is it the Las Olas bridge that's next to the Grande (maybe called something else by now) or is a different bridge. I remember it was big and pretty new, at least it looked to be. All I could do for a couple of days is sit and look at that bridge in the rain out my room window. Imagine my surprise when I spotted a couple of kayakers paddling out under the bridge. Swells were big enough that I kept loosing site of them, crazy! Think I have a photo around somewhere.

TedG954

Wait a minute, maybe I'm remembering this wrong. Ted, Is it the Las Olas bridge that's next to the Grande (maybe called something else by now) or is a different bridge. I remember it was big and pretty new, at least it looked to be. All I could do for a couple of days is sit and look at that bridge in the rain out my room window. Imagine my surprise when I spotted a couple of kayakers paddling out under the bridge. Swells were big enough that I kept loosing site of them, crazy! Think I have a photo around somewhere.

I've only lived down here for 37 years, so I don't know all the hotels and stuff. These photos of Las Olas show the first time I've been there in at least 5 years or so. Now that I'm photo-op hunting, I may revisit some of the other places I've forgotten.