Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Jack's challenge pic.jpg
Weekly Challenge Sept. 23rd-30th: Models

This week's challenge is to make someone look like a model. It could be your wife, child, husband, neighbor, clerk... We will be looking at a head and shoulder kind of portrait with a little bit of glamour. As usual, out of the camera or retouched pictures will be accepted. Just remember to follow the date rule: Pictures have to be taken between sept 23rd and 30th at midnight EAT.

Enjoy your Nikons!

These challenges are designed to help you grow in your photography skills and creativity, and also to have fun. Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information.

The Rules
  1. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system.
  2. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  3. Challenges will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge, unless otherwise indicated.
  5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Scott Murray

I am going to try and enter this one "but" I have never tried this kind of photography so I have a lot of reading to do...

Now to find a willing model lol.

Last edited:

Scott Murray

Might have a model or two, there are a few backpackers looking for trips/lifts out to the National Parks. I might hit them up to model a bit for a lift hehe. Sounds like a fair deal.

RockyNH_RIP

This will be tough (for me).. I have no experience... no model and not much available time this week... I will try and put something together..

Pat in NH

pedroj

I might have to bribe or blackmail a model....If this fails I might have to pose myself if it fits the model..

KWJams

Our grand daughter was the flower girl at our middle my son's wedding this week. Her mother would tell her to strike a pose and she would oblige.
But this time she went the with the "I'm a pouting model look".

modelimage.jpg

TedG954

I can't compete with KW's, it's too adorable. And, my model is not from Ford's, but here's my participant's effort....

Bill's Portrait.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Not for judging

Just to get things going a little. This one is from 2 weeks ago so it's not for competing but to pump up the participation a bit.

model.jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
I'm enjoying all the comments and the 'critical thinking" going on in this thread. Models are hard to come by . . . I had one last week, so I'm posting this just to help Marcel get the ball rolling.

NOT FOR JUDGING (taken Last week . . . dang it)

_DSC0077-Edit.jpg

El Tranquilo

My neighbor, Camilla.I had a hard time deciding which shot to go with. Some of the others were more sultry, but I like this one pretty much.
DSC_0083-8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

El Tranquilo

Ooopps! I posted my entry above late last night--past my bedtime. This morning I decided that I'd like to do a minor exposure tweak. Marcel informed me that one edit was allowed in a challenge. I thought I was deleting my original image, but it shows up as an attachment. My official entry is the non-attachment photo. Looks like I need to learn how to work the posting here better. Sorry for the confusion.

WhiteLight

Here's my baby girl..
i asked her to model for me & she was ready without hesitation :)
no tantrums, no dressing up, not even a single 'do i look ok' ;)

well she's the single greatest source of joy in our lives & the smile on her face just says it all

20120915-DSC_1904-2.jpg

Was rubbing the back of her neck with my left hand & shot with my right hand..
quite a bit of a circus ;)

ISO - 200, f/1.8, 1/4000..
D5100 with 35mm 1.8G

Status
Not open for further replies.