Does anyone know how to get rid of flare?

nikonjim

I took some great shots of the Scottish highlands recently, and the best shot of the valley leading to Torridon has a nasty flare in it.
I can't crop it out as it will colpetely spil the picture, so does anyone have any suggestions of how I might get rid of this?:ambivalence:

fotojack

I took some great shots of the Scottish highlands recently, and the best shot of the valley leading to Torridon has a nasty flare in it.
I can't crop it out as it will completely spoil the picture, so does anyone have any suggestions of how I might get rid of this?:ambivalence:

Post that picture in here and we'll see what we can do about it.

Dave_W

The Dude
The only way I know how to get rid of flare is to re-take the photo. I know that's not the answer you were looking for but I don't think you can remove it very easily.

Carolina Photo Guy

I can't crop it out as it will colpetely spil the picture, so does anyone have any suggestions of how I might get rid of this?:ambivalence:

Try threatening it in a VERY firm and intimidating voice!

What's the worst that could happen? :stupid:

Scott Murray

Post the shot so we can determine the extent of the flare, most of the time flares can be edited out or dulled down so that they don't stand out or hinder in the photo.

Alternatively look here - :: rhwinter.com :: its using a free software program called G.I.M.P. Nice and simple :)

Last edited:

nikonjim

Hi Jack,
I seem to be having some difficulty in transferring my photo from my ViewNX to the message. (First timer!!)
I can do it no problem to an email, but I'm not used to this. (Senior moment):wink-new:
Regards
Jim

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Flare is much easier avoided than removed from an existing picture.

You can spend some time with Photoshop and sometimes make it less visible, but it's sometimes un-repairable.

fotojack

Hi Jack,
I seem to be having some difficulty in transferring my photo from my ViewNX to the message. (First timer!!)
I can do it no problem to an email, but I'm not used to this. (Senior moment):wink-new:
Regards
Jim

LOL...well, from one senior to another, save the photo to your hard drive, then click on the Insert Image icon in Quick Reply to upload the photo. Make sure it's in a jpg format to upload.