Picture Color/Control

T.Behuniak

Just out of curiosity, what picture control does everyone shoot in?! I really like Vivid, I think it makes the colors stand out and it is very pleasing to my eye. What does everyone else like and why? Are there any manual changes that you make to saturation, tone, etc. and why? Thanks for the feedback, just want to hear everyone's shooting preference! :)

fotojack

for some shots, I use More Vivid. Depends on all the colors that would be in the shot. For every day shots, I use Vivid. When you get that pdf I sent you, you'll see what's set for that in the program.

Nikonitus

I have tried the vivid setting and it does put life into some photos but I prefer the natural or neutral setting. I tried the vivid setting after I thought that the neutral setting looked somewhat flat but after comparing them, the vivid looks good but neutral is very real life on my PC monitor, so I went back to it. I guess there is software that can change this for you if you feel you have to have more lively colours...

Eye-level

Banned
I don't use them I just set it at neutral or standard or whatever. I use white balance and post production.

Note. This is not to say that I think using the picture modes is bad or inferior. If there is a picture mode that suits your artistic temperament well then by all means utilize the tool!

Last edited:

Stangman98

Depends on what I am shooting. When I was doing the fall color shoot I was in vivid most of the time. When I shoot anything else I am in neutral and adjust in LR3 afterwards.