D300 Focusing

T.Behuniak

Just got my D300 in the mail today! Don't harass me too bad in the comments, I am brand new to this phenomenal camera. When I try to select a focus point in the viewfinder, it is stuck on the one all the way to the left, how do I move my focus point a different one? Do I move the command dial while holding something down? Thanks for the help!

Disorderly

First, make sure the Focus Selector Lock is on the dot and not the L position. L locks the current focus point. Once you're sure you have that set correctly, press the shutter down halfway to engage the meter. Then push the Multi Selector to move the focus point. There's a setting that controls whether pushing left when a leftmost focus point is selected will wrap to the right edge or not.

T.Behuniak

I figured it out about a half hour after I posted this new thread. Thanks for the tips. I just restarted back down to factory settings since it was a used model and that did the trick. I figured our most everything about this camera and did a ton of first shots today! I love the D300! Best camera I have ever had and held in my hands. Absolutely Phenomenal! The more I shoot with it, the more I love it! Great camera from Nikon!

pedroj

I figured it out about a half hour after I posted this new thread. Thanks for the tips. I just restarted back down to factory settings since it was a used model and that did the trick. I figured our most everything about this camera and did a ton of first shots today! I love the D300! Best camera I have ever had and held in my hands. Absolutely Phenomenal! The more I shoot with it, the more I love it! Great camera from Nikon!

I have to agree...It does the job for me...