Lightroom does not support images from the D600!

Dave_W

The Dude
No update yet for lightroom, does this take awhile? Did not expect this problem!

LR will still work with the D600 as is, I believe the only thing you're missing out on is the tether and label but I think the images will still import. As for the tether, I'm still waiting for the D800 tether. Adobe requires the OS for the D800/D4 in order to write code for the tether and apparently Nikon's in no rush to help out the competition for it's Capture-One and Camera Control software.

Berkerk

I've read about a hack using ExifTool to convert the files to D800 NEF which can then be worked on in LR. Should at least give you a peek at what you've shot.

Rick M

Some good news- Images passed through Photomatix for HDR can be imported into Lightroom and worked on. This makes the wait a bit easier for me!

aZuMi

Completely forgot to mention this! Yes, it sucks since I really prefer using Lightroom for my processing.

Hopefully they come out with an update soon!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This is a deal breaker for me… I might just wait until all the software updates are running smooth. My workflow is just fine as it is and I'd just hate to have to go through another few steps just to get a new camera.

So, I still have until the store calls when it comes in to change my mind.

PapaST

Eventually I will upgrade to the D600. I'm not sure if I'll do it now or later... this gives me a little more incentive to wait.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I have lightroom 3, anyone know if such updates will help or will I have to get LR4 for the update?

Usually there is an Adobe raw plug-in update that comes out. I've done it before when I got my D7000 and I didn't have to re-install or replace CS or Lightroom versions. Hope this will work again this time.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I just bought the d600 , did a photo shoot today, tried to upload, not happening!!! Now what ???? I am desperate for these photos!

You'll have to use Nikon's "View NX" for now if you want to convert raw files from the D600. I know, it's a bummer as it's so so slow.