Hello from Ohio

Dsobo

I am popping in to say hello and hope one day as I am very new to photography at the DSLR level, I have been taking photos for many many years when the Pentax ME (I think it was) was new. I got away from it for along time other than the point and shoot cameras. I decided last year to get back in so I wanted to start out small and purchased the Nikon L120 from that point on the bug hit me hard, see below at a sunrise in the OBX(no rendering of any type).
I just ordered the Nikon D5100 so I can move to the next level and plan on purchasing 70-300mm lens. From there I hope the sky is the limit for the future In the hobby I have longed for again.
See everyone around soon can't wait for my camera to get here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347914710.081219.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347914726.424133.jpg

Dsobo

Very nice area.

Another picture of my other hobby, Saltwater Aquarium the other reason I am getting back into photography at a larger scale as I want to be able to take great tank shots, and my L120 just don't cut it all the times as I need it to.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347928608.505739.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
Hello. Nice snaps!

I first got into serious photography a few years back when I had a few tanks of angelfish. I bought some microscopes one night off of Ebay. The microscope optics led me to camera optics and soon I had a mechanical film camera with a bunch of lenses and accessories. Alas I sold the kit and expanded my Nikon kit. But the thing that is most important is that it all sorted started from an aquarium for me a few years back. :)

I have an empty 110 gallon that is 26 tall and 60 wide by 18 wide or at least those are the dimensions I call to mind. It would make a great subject if I would fire up that tank.

Welcome to the forum it is about time we had some more aquarium shots. I for one am looking forward to your posts! :)

These are some old shots of mine...

spawn 011.JPG

015.JPG

Zeiss Jena Monocular-Binocular Scope.JPG

Dsobo

Very nice and Thank you. It is a 60 gallon cube that is only 5 months old I will be posting more as I get my new D5100 going, but for now here is a full shot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347937527.547312.jpg

patrick in memphis

welcome dsobo. good ole lake erie. if you can grace us with some winter on the lake pics this winter. im originally from ashtabula but lived in cleveland/parma/north olmsted and have family in sandusky and vermillion.i shoot with the d3100 and absolutley love it.it was a christmas present for "my wife"..lol i am the one taking all the pics.i love the digital media its easy to get carried away snapping photos. in 2 yrs i have shot roughly 15000....lol i am just now really learning to use the camera to is potential with the help of all the great members here. buy the 300mm lens if its in your range its my new fav do to range capability

Dsobo

I sure will be getting some shots from the winter on Lake Erie.
My job takes me in and out of all those cities I know them well.

My plan is to get the 300mm hopefully with in the next 2 months. I was looking at the 70-300 or the 18-200 but since I plan on taking pictures of my son playing baseball/football I will more than Likely go with the 300mm.

Last edited: