D7100

viscountdriver

Rumours abound of the Nikon D7100. I want to but a D7K but would it be worth while to see if the 7100 comes ouit as this might bring down the price of the 7000, or will it?

AC016

Rumours abound of the Nikon D7100. I want to but a D7K but would it be worth while to see if the 7100 comes ouit as this might bring down the price of the 7000, or will it?

Where have you read these rumours? I know alot of people and some companies have mixed up the "P" for a "D" when talking about the P7100. P7100 is an advanced point and shoot.

stmv

I am not sure where they could take the D7000 beyound going to the 24 Meg 3200 sensor. I have heard mixed reviews on the 24 Meg sensor versus the 16Meg sensor in the D7000. The images of the D7000 are very crisp, and detailed with great tonal range. so,, the 7100 would need to deliver on the image quality before Nikon will risk replacing.

eurotrash

Jeez, another thread on this? Pardon my opinion, but everyone knows that there MIGHT be a D7100 coming out. It's getting to the point where these discussions are redundant. Look up a review for the D3200, check out it's sensor. That's what I think will likely be in the new 7000 when/if it comes out. Mate that with a D7000 plus a few more features and BAM, there you go. Is it worth the upgrade? That's really for you to decide. We already have camera "xx vs. yy camera" threads on the forum. The 7000 is already a game-changer. That's why I picked one up not even three weeks ago. Am I satisifed? Very. I have no intention of upgrading in about 5 years more or less..

Sorry, just had to vent a little..

stmv

good to let new models breath a bit, unless the camera is a game changer, so for example,, I bought the D700 in the first month (it was just that good out of the chute), and also the d800, both of these models were major direction changes. The D700 a FX sensor in an affordable package. I got my first D700 for 2100 dollars! The D800 is another one those,, wows.

but,, the D7000 is a super camera (I have one), and the delta from say a 24 Meg pixel D7100 versus the current D7000 won't be a game changer. So, would not upgrade from the D7000 to D71000.

but, for those that have not gotten a D7000 yet,, well sure. but would wait to get side by side shot analysis.