Bear In Olive Tree

Sambr

D800 & 28-300VR - a quick grab just seconds before he ran off
oliverbear-X2.jpg

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Nice capture Sam. I guess there are some ups and downs in living in your area.

The good thing is that you can get a closer shot of these wild animals.

The bad part is that you are much closer from getting attacked by these animals.

Rick M

The bad part is that you are much closer from getting attacked by these animals.

I felt safer following a 400 pound black bear in the Adirondack mountains than walking more than one block from where I work :) (I'm not kidding)

Sambr

Nice photo, I bet you didn't go and pick any of the olives ???

LOL No :) These are Russian Olives only bears & Russians like them :)

LOL Glenn they are no problem at all. Some mornings I scare one just coming out of the house to go to work. Now I wouldn't want to cuddle up to one.

I felt safer following a 400 pound black bear in the Adirondack mountains than walking more than one block from where I work :) (I'm not kidding)

Yes that's how I feel going in to the "City"

jcottone45

Oh hell I am in the big apple everyday via Penn Station/Times Square/Grand Central Station & I can personally tell you the "view is spectacular" oh & the city well that spectacular view rides/walks & bikes on those mean streets & rails 24/7,so I am not complaining.
Besides any day above the ground allows me to see that spectacular view.!!

Sambr

Well seeing how you safely posted this photo, one would have to assume that it ran off in the OTHER direction.:p

Nice capture

LOL Thank you Rick, yes it did run in the other direction. Where I live bears are common in our yards especially at this time of year, they are eating everything and anything to put on their winter fat. Many times I have come out of my house herd a "Woof" and seen a black shape runaway from our front porch or from behind my truck. We just have to be extra careful not to leave our garbage can out.

Sambr

Oh hell I am in the big apple everyday via Penn Station/Times Square/Grand Central Station & I can personally tell you the "view is spectacular" oh & the city well that spectacular view rides/walks & bikes on those mean streets & rails 24/7,so I am not complaining.
Besides any day above the ground allows me to see that spectacular view.!!

LOL I sure it is Joe :)