Just bought a couple of P7100s

Geoffc

Normally the wife and I use our D300/300s cameras with the normal bag of glass, however we decided we needed something for light travel and general photos when the DSLRs are not convenient.

After some reading (less than my norm unfortunately) I decided the Panasonic TZ20 was a good mix of features including manual mode vs price. Whilst it did meet those criteria the pictures were awful, especially in anything but bright light. In fact my iPhone was as good or better in low light. The only good thing was the movie quality, however that is not why I bought it. I understand now that the TZ30 is a much better camera.

So after five weeks they went on eBay and are now gone. I tried a friends P7100 the other week and fell in love with it. We now have one each for our hols next week :). Let's hope it performs as each P7100 cost more an two TZ20s.

D12345678

Sounds like a similar experience i had when i purchased a 14mp compact Fujifilm "bridge" camera about 18 months ago. It was only just ok in bright light and i sold it within 2 weeks and bought a Canon G12, then a Canon G1X earlier this year. What i'm really looking forward to though, is buying a new P7700 sometime in the new year or when finances allow. To me, they seem even more impressive than the P7100.

Nikon Photographer

I finally got round to ordering the P7100 today, I'm off to Turkey in September, and didn't fancy lugging my D90 and lenses over there, hopefully I should have it by the weekend, plenty of time to test it before I set off, hopefully I will get me some cracking images.