Nikon 28-80mm 3.3-5.6 g lens

Nikon Photographer

It really depends on what body you are going to be using it on, as it doesn't have an in built focus motor, it won't autofocus on a lot of the newer low end Nikon's, this lens is made of plastic with a plastic mount so won't take a lot of abuse, and I have heard stories of them falling to pieces just being used normally, the lens has 6 elements in 6 groups and doesn't have any ED glass, if was really cheap, any lens is better than no lens, but there are better out there to be had .....

fotojack

Hey guys,
Is this lens worth getting?

Cheers!

You can pick these up on EBay for about $40 to $50. Don't pay any more than that. Nikon made millions of these lenses. They've since been discontinued. Cheaply made, but decent image quality. Not fantastic, but decent. If you're just starting out, you wouldn't be losing money if you got one and used it for a few years. As you didn't specify what camera you'd use it on, I'm going to guess your camera doesn't have the built in focus motor. The AF lens will not focus on non motorized camera bodies. Manual mode only.

Last edited:

fotojack

Maybe this will come in handy for some of you.

Nikon list.jpg

Last edited:

dutchie

thanks for the info Fotojack.
Think I may get it just to try .
I have a d5000. :( so no auto focus which sucks but oh well.
i may give it a shot.