walk around lens?

Curt

I just got a D 700 a couple weeks ago, right now I am using a 28-105mm lens as a walk around lens. wondering what everyone else has on the D 700 80% of the time?

Nikon Photographer

Yes it's a Nikon AF-D 28-105 f3.5/f4.5 with macro. Very nice lens made in Japan.

That's a cracking lens, known as the Swiss army knife of Nikon lenses, I bought mine when I got my F80, used in Macro mode can get you some really good close photo's, I still use it on my D70 & D90.

Curt

That's a cracking lens, known as the Swiss army knife of Nikon lenses, I bought mine when I got my F80, used in Macro mode can get you some really good close photo's, I still use it on my D70 & D90.

Yes, it's a real sold made lens, had it now for a few years. Never use the macro (have a 55mm marco)Which is super sharp :).

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
For travel, I use the Tamron 28-200. I find it decently sharp and very very light and small. This is my travel lens. Oh, it also is close to a macro lens.

Curt

For travel, I use the Tamron 28-200. I find it decently sharp and very very light and small. This is my travel lens. Oh, it also is close to a macro lens.

I am heading to Sweden in a couple weeks, I usually take my D 7000 (no grip) and my 18-55mm VR lens, plus my Canon G10 for back up.

Curt

I am traveling to Sweden in a couple weeks, I usually take my D 7000 (no grip) and my 18-55mm VR lens. Plus my Camon G10 as a back up.

fotojack

Yes it's a Nikon AF-D 28-105 f3.5/f4.5 with macro. Very nice lens made in Japan.

I have that exact same lens, too. Love it. It's on my D200 right now. :)

Hey Curt? Ya gotta stop takin' those trips to Sweden, bud. Your wife's gonna get suspicious! ;)

fotojack

By the way, Curt.....do you have the lens hood for your 28-105? It's a crazy big thing....HB-18.

Attachments

• HB-18 lens hood.jpg
    HB-18 lens hood.jpg
    632.6 KB · Views: 1,122

miknoypinoy

24-70 95% of the time lol. the 70-200 gets some camera body time once in a while though.

don't know too much about the 28-105 but jack says its good. about the same range as the 24-70 and a little more.

you got the almighty d700 so you can make up the difference in speed with your ISO with your current 28-105.

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .

Last edited:

fotojack

No I don't use it at all, looks like one of those things they put on a dog....lol.

LOL...yup, that's what I thought the first time I put it on the lens. :) But it seems to work well enough. I don't use it on cloudy days.

I wonder if they make a better looking one for this lens? I'll have to do some searching and see what I come up with.