It's a commin'...Fall

008m.jpg

I had to look for the first leaf here at the house. Although almost the trees here are Quaking Aspen, the ones around the house are kin...Balm of Gilead

Dave

Dave_W

The Dude
I am sooooo ready for fall. It's been hot and humid since the first of Aug and there's at least another week of heat and desert monsoon coming our way. An extremely unusual summer in San Diego. And to make matters worse, my wife is spending the next 2 weeks in Boulder and Estes Park and I'm told there's a chill in the air.....and I couldn't be more jealous. :mad:

Stangman98

Fall is coming. I am taking a weekend camping trip at Devil's Lake here in Wisconsin. Taking the tent and the equipment and spend the entire weekend shooting. Doing that in three weeks from now. Hoping for amazing colors.

Dave_W

The Dude
Fall is coming. I am taking a weekend camping trip at Devil's Lake here in Wisconsin. Taking the tent and the equipment and spend the entire weekend shooting. Doing that in three weeks from now. Hoping for amazing colors.

Wisconsin? Esh...I feel sorry for anyone unfortunate enough to live in a "swing" state. Have you unplugged your TV and radio yet? ;)

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Here in south FL we don't get fall when you do, but this might pass for fall.

d5100_003_351289.jpg

Actually, it's new growth and will turn green shortly.

silvercreek

I don't know about you guys but where I live has had another very dry summer and that usually means that what fall colors we normally have are not near as spectacular. The leaves start changing colors and they fall off of the trees and it's over very quickly.

This shot was taken a couple of years ago during the last weekend in October here after an average wet summer. It will not look near as nice this fall.

TalimenaDrive.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't know about you guys but where I live has had another very dry summer and that usually means that what fall colors we normally have are not near as spectacular. The leaves start changing colors and they fall off of the trees and it's over very quickly.

This shot was taken a couple of years ago during the last weekend in October here after an average wet summer. It will not look near as nice this fall.

Same here, the colors are just dull. Maybe if it rains a little they'll gain a little depth...

Nice shot from a few years back.