Post It!

Photowyzard

What do you guys think, does this work?

I was debating another angle, more light etc. Happy to hear what you have to say.

Thanks in advance.
Sticky-Note_01.jpg

Billy Y.

I like your creative thinking here, and the angle and lighting do work. The only thing I might try is having the focus point on the lighter Yellow/green, for me it seems too low and in the corner, which feels unnatural when viewing. Now that I think about it the Rule of thirds would put the focus point right at the yellow/green, just above where you have it.

Just my two cents, I do like it.

Photowyzard

Thanks for the comments and the likes, happy to hear more.

Billy,

I focused directly on the green and purposely left the shallow depth of field. I noticed that the green post-it was slightly curled from the last person who pulled some tabs off.

I liked that it stood out from the crowd. I tried some other DoF shots and decided my first inclination was the right one, that is, to leave it close to the front, bottom, and have the rest just blur into colour.

This was taken as Still Life project and I wanted one object that stood out from many. It is subtle, but there it is.

This was my creative thinking on it.

Then, cropping it, I had issues and was wondering whether or not to re-shoot it. I like to hear what others think because I really can't be objective with myself.

JPar

Looks good. I wonder if having a wider DOF would have worked better? But that's really just picking nits... :)