Buffalo

nikonpup

CITY BUFFALO - WEST YELLOWSTONE, MT  BUFFALO

RookieDSLR

Awwwww mannnn I thought when I clicked on the link of the title I was going to see a real buffalo. I am native american and here in Kansas north of Topeka there is a lonesome buffalo ranch there and I have been wanting to venture out there and get some shots. None the less still a nice shot though. Hahaha got me.

Jeremy V.

nikonpup

OK here is the real thing. Yellowstone, old bull walking the road. I try to stay away from these guys, I take the warnings from the rangers most serious. I am slow and I have seen the damage they can cause.
OLD BULL - YELLOWSTONE N.P.  OUT FOR A STROLL

Sambr

They are NOT buffaloes - they are "American Bison" buffaloes reside in Africa & India :) - nice shots of the "Bison" by the way :)

Eye-level

Banned
Sam we are taught here in the US of A that those are buffalos and Buffalo Bill Cody and Union Pacific killed damn near every last one of them so we could put the American Indian in the dirt. We don't have very good teachers when you think about it... :)

nikonpup

the ground in colorado is going to start shaking when "buffalo bill" hears this. "american bison bill" is not going to cut it. :)

Technically they are American Bison, colloquially they are referred to as Buffalo. When I was a child one of my parents best friends was a famous photographer who had a Buffalo skin rug on the floor in his library. He once told me the story of how he got the Buffalo skin ... he was engaged to take a photo of a ranchers prized American Bison in Montana one year. So he is flown up there and gets all of his lighting gear set up. He signals he's ready and they lead the buffalo in and "pose" him for the photo shoot. He triggers his multiple flashes and the buffalo drops over dead from a heart attack, from the strobes. So now he has a Buffalo skin rug. ;) True story!