New from Jersey!

tinamoro

Hey there! My name is Tina! I'm 21 and from South Jersey! I joined this forum to learn more about photography. It's just a hobby for me, but it is something I really, really enjoy doing! I started shooting at the age of 15 with an s2 Pro. When my dad, who is a photographer, purchased his D700, I convinced him to give me his old D300. I. FELL. IN. LOVE! Needless to say, he is never getting it back! We're definitely a Nikon family, as we currently have a D300, D700 and a D800. I have participated in local and national contests. I have been a featured artist in a local art show, and at the age of 17, I was an assistant photographer to two weddings. My "comfort" lens is the Nikon 18-200mm. And as of recently, I've really started experimenting with different settings and lenses! I mainly shoot cars/automotive and sports. Well, that's pretty much me in a nut shell! :eek:

tinamoro

Welcome!

So you've been to Thunderbolt raceway I take it? ;)

Welcome Tina
Really looking forward to seeing your work :)

Wow, I'm jealous! Welcome to nikonites. Its a great site with so much info.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everyone!

jdeg: Yeah, I actually got to take a few laps in my WRX at NJMP. Such a gorgeous track! I'm about 45-60 minutes from there so I haven't been there in a while. My dad actually has a media pass for NJMP, and I think next year, I'm going to apply for one, but we'll see.

tinamoro

Here's a small sample/collage of some of my pictures I took during my trip in Maine, and a shot of my old WRX. Obviously, because it's a collage, the picture's composition aren't truly shown since some of the photos are cut off on the sides.

IMG_4996.jpg

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Cool Tina! I'm actually from Millville, but have never been around the track in my car (e46 M3). The track was built after I moved out of there though. Blah.

fotojack

Welcome, Tina. Judging from what I've just read of you, you're going to fit in just nice here. :) Nice photos you took, too, in your collage.

If you have any questions at all, don't be shy.......ask your dad! LOL :) Just kidding. We'll do our best to help you out wherever we can. In the meantime, have fun. :)

tinamoro

Thank you so much fotojack!! I just recently switched over to an external HD and Lightroom on my own computer, so as soon as I finish organizing everything, I'll be posting more! I look forward to everyone's help and getting to know the site better! I do tend to ask for my dad's help a lot; however, we have completely different styles so it's nice to get another perspective on settings and shots! :)