AF Nikkor 35-70 1:3.3-4.5 Good or not so much

Tami Jo

I picked up a used AF Nikkor 35-70 1:3.3-4.5 for $35.00 so really cheap. I didn't have to much time to test it out too well. But I am wondering if it was so cheap because it's just not that great of a lens. It doesn't seem to be that sharp and I get quite a few blurred photos in comparison. Anyone have this lens and have any tips for shooting with it?

Sambr

That lens came as a "kit lens" with 601 & 801 film cameras. Not the sharpest lens however shooting it at f8 will result in some good images.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
You are better off with your kit lens which provides wider field of view.

Nikon 35-70mm f2.8 D would have been a better choice.

Nikon Photographer

Not a bad lens if used stopped down to around f8-f11, here's a shot I took on my F-601 using the very same lens, sadly I don't have that camera anymore ....

WarwickCastlejpg.jpg

Just-Clayton

the one i got works ok for me. I use it more for snapshot type pics. It is pretty good when using flash.This was at f-9.5, 1/60, ISO 400

Attachments

• _DSC4808 (765x800) (2).jpg
    _DSC4808 (765x800) (2).jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 1,881
Last edited:

Tami Jo

That lens came as a "kit lens" with 601 & 801 film cameras. Not the sharpest lens however shooting it at f8 will result in some good images.

I will have to try it at that setting and see how it does. I wasn't expecting to much at that price and the purchase went to raise funds for a charity so either way it's a win ;)