Thin black line through photos

mewhite91

Hello. I am a newbie when it comes to my dslr camera, but I do know something's wrong. I have a thin black line running horizontally through my photos. It is not just on the LCD display, it appears on the computer once I import the pictures too.

My camera is brand new. I've had it for about a month or a month and a half and have not used it too much. (In fact I have never removed the lens other than putting it on for the first time then today checking out the sensor.) The problem started last night when i was taking pictures with my friends. I noticed as I reviewed them on the computer that a black line appeared during the middle of one shoot (as in there is no line in the pictures, then suddenly there is a line on all the pictures afterwards and I did not put the camera down between the before and after pictures).

I have cleaned the lens with a soft towel and i removed the lens to make sure there is nothing noticeable on the sensor. I do not see the line when i look through the viewfinder or on live-view. Also, it is perfectly straight across, which leads me to believe it is 'digital' and not a problem with the lens itself.

I'm really worried about this because my camera was a big investment and I would hate for there to be serious problems already. Does anyone know what this problem could be about or how I could fix it?

JPar

Take it back. This happened to an old Canon Powershot G3 point and click I had. Something is wrong with the device. See if they will swap it out for you.

Phillydog1958

I agree. You need to contact Nikon. I'm not sure how long you've had this camera, but if you've only had it for a short period, you might want to contact the retailer and ask about their return policy. For example, Bestbuy has a 30-day return policy. It's easier to return it to a retailer than it is to send it in to Nikon for repairs. Good luck.