D60 remote control

59caddy

Hello all

I am using a Nikon D60 and would like to use the ML-L3 remote control,but when i change in the custom settings menu from single frame to quick repsonce remote and i mount the camera on my tripod to wait for my subject (mostly birds) to appear. After the camera goes into standby mode the remote doesn't work any more and the camera resets itself to single frame.
Do i change 1) the auto off timer or 2 ) the remote on duration or 3 ) both ?

thx in advance

59caddy

torgo

Re: remote control

(I usually don't reply about equipment I don't own, but ...) if it's like the D50, it should be the remote on duration. I believe the auto off timer is how long the metering system stays on after you last touch the shutter button.

elkman

Re: remote control

Hello all

I am using a Nikon D60 and would like to use the ML-L3 remote control,but when i change in the custom settings menu from single frame to quick repsonce remote and i mount the camera on my tripod to wait for my subject (mostly birds) to appear. After the camera goes into standby mode the remote doesn't work any more and the camera resets itself to single frame.
Do i change 1) the auto off timer or 2 ) the remote on duration or 3 ) both ?

thx in advance

59caddy

One of the best accesories you can buy. Yes to change the setting (just found out myself) Menu-to Custom Setting Menu-17 Remote on duration, i chose 15m. If you have a question just press the ? button.