At last

simonhodge

I have been trying to get myself a nikon for the past year but one thing or another has got in the way. I bit the bullet today and managed to pick up a used D300! Can wait to get my hands on it.

N_Addy

Congrats! The D300 is a sweet camera. I've been driving a D80 for several years but am hoping to upgrade to a D300s soon.

simonhodge

Thanks Neal. I am still hoping to get a D700 but this will be a great stop gap which will then become my backup. Good luck with getting the D300s!

Pierro

D300 pilot here !

Lovely camera, in every way. Still, i'm bitching for a D3, as I'm primarily a bird shooter, and high ISO noise control is nice when you need ultra fast SS for those pesky twitchy flighty critters

simonhodge

I had a play with a D3 a few weeks ago, flippin fantastic camera. Rather blown away by it. Cant imagine what a D4 must be like.

simonhodge

Woooh! I got it ;) So far so good. It has 61k+ shutter actuations but to be honest i wasnt expecting it to look so good. So much bigger and heavier than i am used to but i actually like that. Getting to grips with it quicker than i thought. If any of you have any wee tips please feel free to share. Already ordered a battery grip which i cant wait for.

fotojack

Woooh! I got it ;) So far so good. It has 61k+ shutter actuations but to be honest i wasnt expecting it to look so good. So much bigger and heavier than i am used to but i actually like that. Getting to grips with it quicker than i thought. If any of you have any wee tips please feel free to share. Already ordered a battery grip which i cant wait for.

I don't know if I can send a pdf file through here, but I'll try...

Nope...didn't work. If you PM me your email address, I'll send this to you for your D300. It's for the D300s but, same difference. :)

Disorderly

Enjoy your new toy. I got a D300 pretty soon after they came out, and used it until my D800 arrived two months ago. If it did a little better in low light I might not have upgraded yet. Fantastic camera.

Photowyzard

Nothing feels better than getting a new toy, especially a Nikon-new-toy! Congratulations. Hope to see some of your images taken with the D300.

simonhodge

Thanks everyone. From my playing with it over the past few days and all of your comments I know I have made the right decision. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

T.Behuniak

I just bought a D300 used with about 31,000 actuations. Just waiting for it to come in the mail tomorrow!!! :) I'm so excited to get it I have been saving for about 6 months. Does anyone know a good midrange zoom to pick up, 17-50 2.8 tamron? 18-70 Nikon? Somewhere in the price range or about 400-500 bucks. I'm looking at a 50 1.8 or 35 1.8 right now but want a midrange zoom Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bukitimah

I am in the same situation. I purchased the AFD 50 f1.8, tamron 17-50 f2.8 and afs 70-300 VR. If I do have the. Budget and to change again, I am now more likely to go for Tokina 11-16 f2.8, a 35-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 lenses. 3 rd parties lenses (pre-owned) will be in the range of USD$1300 there about.

narapic

@T.Behuniak I have a really nice, sharp DX 16-85mm VR zoom for $600 due to an upgrade to FX. Pm me if you are interested.

Attachments

• Nikon D300_16-85mm_sm.jpg
    Nikon D300_16-85mm_sm.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

NikonGajo

Congrats on your D300, it is a sweet machine...i love mine...built like a tank. Besides.....the D300 is essentially a D700 but with cropped sensor anyway.......lol.....cheers

NikonGajo