Nikon View NX2

Tami Jo

When I import the photos from the camera to View NX2 they are black when I click on each individual picture they display correctly. Is there something I need to adjust to get the thumbnails to display correctly and not as black?

alex_c

Try taking the lens cap off... Sorry I couldn't resist! :D

Now seriously, I didn't change any of the default settings on mine and the thumbnails display correctly.

Tami Jo

HAHAHA That's a good one. I am sure it has happened more than once! But when I click on them they do load in the view for that one only but none of the thumbnails turn. If I go to look at them in the computer in my pictures they all display correctly :D weird huh. I tried playing around with settings and such an nothin'...

Tami Jo

At the moment I am shooting JPEG. Have Windows 7. I am thinking of just using photoshop and not using View NX2 but it seems a bit easier to import pictures with it.

Carroll

I like the fast upload from my camera to View NX 2. I can also delete pictures very easily and quickly in View NX2, and give the ones I want to keep a keyword for search later. I have not had the battery issues and slow upload mentioned by others here. 150-200 files upload pretty fast for me.

I then go into Lightroom and import those good photos to a catalog. Then when I go into Photoshop, they are easily found for processing.

I am sure there is many other ways, and probably some better, and if I know of that better way, I will try it. I have not used Adobe programs very long, and am still making mistakes as I go. (This, sad to say, may *never* change!:dejection:

However, this is working pretty good for me, at the moment. I don't have very many pictures right now, only about 6000+, if you have a lot of them, perhaps the old timers on here can suggest better ways.

Carroll

Tami Jo

Oddly enough all the images are now displaying properly in ViewNx2...and I changed nothing LOL
Must have been a glitch of some sort...