Autofocus spot appears off centre

eifedwards

I am a total newbie so quite willing to accept that this may be a very stupid question:D

When looking through the viewfinder the central autofocus spot is not perfectly aligned with the very faint set of concentric rings you can see when looking at bright subjects. Are the 2 things meant to line up perfectly or are variations acceptable and common? camera appears to focus OK.

I also have a speck visible when looking through the viewfinder which is not visible on photos. Easy to shift? Can I do it myself?

Many thanks and willing to accept any "Mr Thicky" banter

Eye-level

Banned
Hello sir.

Get an air blower and blow on the viewfinder and both ends of the lens. Then take a sable haired paint brush and gently swirl it around said glass pieces from the outer diameter inwards to the middle. Then remove the lens hold the camera up such that the lens mount is facing downwards (this is how you should change lenses too) and do the same steps to the mirror...stay away from the sensor! That should take care of the speck.

Someone else will have to help you with the AF point as I am not sure about that.

Enjoy the site. Fill out your profile and post some snaps!